Well, things didn't go much better for me in 2017 than they did in 2016. Here's my chance at looking back at 2017 and my goals for the year, and see what I didn't quite accomplish.
So, here goes:
1. Plot out a fifth Aston West series novel and write at least 10,000 words on it.
I came up with a general idea for the fifth novel, preliminarily entitled Before the Dawn. However, I have barely written 500 words on the novel. Hoping to get a better chunk written in 2018.
2. Plot out a third Aston West novella and write at least 10,000 words on it.
Didn't get anything started on this one, even though I do have a third Aston novella out there from years ago that I could finish if I really wanted.
3. Complete the first draft of my in-work "Demonkiller" WIP.
Although I haven't yet completed this novel, I have had the most success with this one. I have just under 40000 words written on this story, and am hoping to be able to finish it up this coming year. One bright spot in an otherwise gloomy year, writing-wise.
4. Complete the first draft of my in-work sci-fi suspense/mystery novel.
I haven't really had a chance to work this one this year, with most of my attention on the "Demonkiller" manuscript. However, I do have around 4500 words written, which is more than I had in all of my Aston work this year. Again, hoping to put some time aside to finish this one in 2018.
5. Finish the next novella in the Max McCannor series.
Nothing was worked on this one in 2017, but Lyndon and I have spoken, and the hope is to finish up both the second and third installments by March, so...
6. Plot out the final novella in the Max McCannor series.
Same situation as above. Lyndon and I expect to get together in January to come up with our final plotting for this series.
7. Write six Aston West short stories.
Didn't get a single short story written. Another blog post for another time, but my motivation just hasn't been there for writing more Aston stories.
Well, I'm hoping to improve things in 2018. I do think that I need to get back into the habit of setting obtainable writing goals, and then sticking to them. Looking forward to setting out a 2018 goals post in the next day or two.