For those who missed it back in January, I set up the writing goals I aim to accomplish in 2014. Right after writing that post, I then read Dean Wesley Smith's post about how to be successful at your writing goals.
circumstances have been even worse this month than they were last month, but even so, I was able
to get a lot of writing-related work completed this month. That included meeting my daily
word count goal every day this past month (continuing the trend from July, not even counting another 9
days or so at the end of June). Here's how I did against my September goals:
1. Write 6,000 words on Life and Death - Around 8,800 words completed, and finished the first draft
2. Write 2,000 words on the next Max McCannor novel - Completed the first chapter, around 1,700 words (and currently waiting on my co-author)
3. Complete final draft of "Inoculation" - Not completed
4. Finalize paperback version of the Heroes Die Young second edition - Finished all the interior work. Need to work with my cover artist for the rest.
And now, the goals for October:
1. Complete final draft of "Inoculation"
2. Finalize paperback version of the Heroes Die Young second edition
3. Finalize new short story collection
4. Plot out two new short stories
Here's to everyone striving to accomplish their writing goals for 2014!