So, with my previous post, I set up the writing goals I aim to accomplish in 2014. Right after writing that post, I then read Dean Wesley Smith's post about how to be successful at your writing goals. Timely.
One of those suggestions was to report in to someone, whether you miss your goals or accomplish them. So, I've decided that I need to report it to you, my loyal fans, and to bring back my old habit of weekly goal-setting and reporting. In addition, I've decided that a set of monthly goals would also be good to do (since they'd end up being more "grand scheme" and would be easier to tie into the annual goals).
So, since we're on the first of the year, here are my goals for January:
1. Complete the final draft of Fallen
2. Complete the first draft of a new short story (estimated 2,000 words)
3. Write 4,000 words on Resurrection
And now for the weekly goals:
1. Complete the first draft of Fallen (estimated 4,000 words)
2. Generate a plot for a new short story
Next week, I'll recap my weekly goals (and of course, my monthly goals will be covered February 1) and report my results.
Here's to everyone setting their writing goals for 2014 and striving to accomplish them!