The rules of the blog hop:
- Mention who tagged you, and link to their post.
- Give the rules.
- Answer the ten questions below.
- Link to several more people.
1) What is the title of your next book?I haven't come up with an official title for this latest novella, and actually I haven't even started brainstorming potential titles. So right now it's being saved off under "New Novella" - but if I had to come up with some thoughts off the cuff, I'd probably go with Silver and Gold, The Sacrifice or perhaps The Fall.
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?I'm a plotter, and while I was over in India back in February, I was generating plenty of notebook paper sheets with scribbled notes of potential ideas. Two of the sheets ended up merged, and New Year's Eve, I started putting fingers to keyboard and came up with a general plot summary and character sheets.
3) What genre does your book fall under?Science-Fiction Space Opera (toying with the idea of how to make it incorporate some steampunk as well)
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?Plenty of folks who'd be good as Aston...I used to say Nathan Fillion, but I saw him the other day in "Castle" and since I can't go back in time for his "Firefly" look, I'll have to come up with someone else...perhaps Viggo Mortensen or Matt Damon.
The female lead, in my mind, resembles Ursula Andress of Dr. No (007) fame...but again, since we can't go back in time, I'll have to settle for someone modern. Maybe Heather Locklear...
The villain would probably be good as Mickey Rourke, but only if he could resemble his character from The Expendables.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Aston West lands on a technologically-simple planet where he's considered a deity, but must try to protect his new-found followers from a group of pirates bent on exploiting them.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
If the question is between these two, I'd go with self-published. If the question is meant to be self-published or submitted to a publisher, the jury is out, but I'm still leaning toward the same end.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
I've only put together character sheets and a rough plot summary at this point. Once I get started, I'm hoping that everything moves quickly. Since I'm shooting for a novella-length piece, I'm hoping that it will take me about three or four months for the first draft.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I'm sure if I thought hard enough, I'd come up with a suitable comparison. At the moment, I can't think of anything that similar.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
2012 had been a rough year, output-wise. I guess that when New Year's Eve came around, I decided it was high time to get some stuff done this coming year.
10) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
I'm once again toying with the idea of bringing romance into this story...we'll see how it goes, but...
That, and the fact that the villain is someone who readers of my short stories will remember from a pair of my pieces ("Obedience" and "Profit and Loss").
And now it's my chance to inflict some pain...er, pass the baton (I decided to spare those who I tagged in the previous edition):